You know how sometimes you get that little blogger tingle? When you know you have a great post idea and everyone is going to love it? It is practically already written in your head, you just need to get it down on paper (so to speak)?
This is not one of those posts.
This is a thumb-twiddling post brought about by a day when all my co-workers happen to be on vacation. This is a recording of every random thought I had today that I can remember. But if you read through to the end there are pictures of our vacation. No Cheating!
1. 7:00AM: If littleb sleeps 10 more minutes I can read five more pages.....so therefore....sleeping toddler X 10 min=5 pages=10/5=2. Two what? That makes no frickin sense, Chicken....
2. 7:10AM: Trader Joe French Roast is much cheaper than Starbucks French Roast but tastes like....Roast Kill....hahahaha. (Better stick to Trader Joe Iced Tea which is excellent)
3. 8:00AM: I don't have to bring littleb to daycare today because BigB is doing it, can I get an Amen!
4. 8:40AM: If I spend the first hour of work reading articles which are all related to my industry, does that still make me a slacker?
5. 8:41AM: Magic 8 Ball says.....Definitely not.
6. 8:42AM: Is this my lucky day since Magic 8 Ball agrees with me? For once?
7. 8:45AM: Should buy lottery ticket.
8. 8:46AM: Chicken, you think every day is your lucky day. Get a life.
9. 10:45AM: Five consecutive articles claim that creative people will rule the 21rst century.
10. 10:46AM: Hey! I'm creative!
11. 10:47AM: Or am I overly attracted to articles that mention the word "creative"?
12. 10:48AM: I should get some work done!
13. 11:50AM: How come X, who says he can't remember what was just said to him and makes me write it down is considered saavy, brilliant, and "on the mark", and I, who share that very same quality , am considered flaky. hmmm.
14. 11:51AM: Oh yeah, X is busy thinking about IPOs, SaaSs and a bunch of other acronyms. I consult the Magic 8 Ball and can't remember what all the acronyms stand for.
15. 12:00PM: Afternoon Delight. Peanut butter. Yay.
16. 12:10 PM: I like herbs. I wonder if I was a witch in a past life?
17. 12:11PM: Nah. If that was it, I'd be paranoid about fire.
18. 12:30PM: I wish there was someone here to talk to.
19. 12:32PM: Hey, I should take one of those classes on influential speaking. Must research.
20. 1:20PM: GG is trapped in a dungeon with old books and a bunch of spiders and she THINKS they are friendly.
21. 1:21PM: Must. Save. GG. Spiders are bad.
22. 1:23PM: GG. Walk towards the light.....Do Not Trust Those Spiders!!!
23. 2:00PM: I've seen elastic band balls before but how do you start one?
24. 2:01PM: Oh, look. I have all these elastic bands.
25. 2:10PM: Starting an elastic band ball is really much harder than you would think.
26.. 2:13PM: I'm going to make the best, the biggest, most colorful elastic band ball ever!!!!
27. 2:15PM: Must email all my friends and let them know.
28. 2:30PM: What? You people think I am joking????
29. 2:34PM: I love spreadsheets.
30. 4:00PM: So....I didn't have to drop littleb off today and that means....I have to pick him up. Yikes. I gotta get out of here.
31. 5:00PM: Must go to grocery. What? Free doughnuts? littleb it is our lucky day!!! Must buy lottery ticket!!!
32. 5:10PM: Is watermelon a vegetable or a fruit?
33. 6:00PM: Watermelon for dinner. Yay!
34. 8:40 PM: Teenager who lives in the basement, I love you, but why come you are cleaning dishes now when I am trying to get littleb to sleep????
35. 9:00PM: Buses at night, when they are all lit up, look like time travel machines.
36: 9:30PM: S, I love you, but do I have to look at all your vacation pictures right now?
37. 9:40PM: Ok, S, I love your vacation pictures....they are awesome....I'm going to look at them while I have wine.
38: 10:00PM: Where did the day go?
38. 11:00PM: Whatever happened to those little troll dolls with the hair that stood straight up. They were cute.
39: 11:10PM: Must blog
40: 1:30AM: Can't leave just 39 thoughts. Must have even number.
41: Scientists say that odd numbers are more attractive. Hmmm. Would you like to see some vacation pictures?
Small Town Girls 1981-I managed to control my chardonnay intake, thus the absence of eyeshadow and prom dresses (that took place later)
This is littleb with my old friend Lucy.
Here are some cousins having fun (Teenager WLITB is there on the left)
Here is littleB at BigB's family reunion
We did some frog hunting....
Trolled a water park...
There was a fair amount of laughter with good old friends...
Random thought number 42. GG don't kill me!! GG. How could I not publish the Chicken vacation highlight? Friends for 30 years? Finally some live footage?
Here's me and my Dad, who prefers to remain mysterious
And here's the view in my hometown
Thanks for staying until the end. You are a trooper!